Up to 100 Knight Hennessy Scholarships are now available to pursue any graduate degree at Stanford in the USA. Students from around the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The aim of the scholarship is to call students from around the world to receive full funding to pursue a wide?ranging graduate education at Stanford, with the goal of developing a new generation of global leaders.
Scholarships are awarded to pursue any graduate degree at Stanford, from PhDs in arts, education, engineering, humanities, or social sciences to professional degrees in business, law, or medicine.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program provide the recipient with following benefits:
- A fellowship applied directly to cover tuition (commensurate with the standard departmental level of enrollment) and associated fees.
- A stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses).
- A travel stipend intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford.
- The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program typically does not cover costs that your home department at Stanford pays for its students – such as for subscriptions or lab equipment.
You should check each department’s website for a sense of what it seeks in candidates. For Knight-Hennessy Scholars:
- First/Bachelor’s Degree Received in 2014 or Later; Enrolling in 2019 or Later. You are eligible to apply if you apply within four years and enroll within five years, after you earn your first/bachelor’s degree. For the class enrolling in 2019, that means you must have graduated in 2014 or later and must apply in 2018. The Program will select Scholars who enroll at Stanford in 2019 or later.
- If you’re still in college studying for your first/bachelor’s degree, you’re eligible to apply as long as you complete your first/bachelor’s degree before you enroll as a graduate student at Stanford. Even if you have earned a graduate degree already, you remain eligible for consideration as long as you earned your first/bachelor’s degree within four years of applying and five years of enrolling.
- If you graduated with your first/bachelor’s degree more than four years ago (in 2013 or earlier), then you are not eligible for consideration as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar. This applies even if you have earned an additional degree in 2014 or later.
- You must complete not only your Knight-Hennessy Scholars application but also the entire application process including any standardized test that your graduate degree program requires (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.) and if needed, an English proficiency test.
- You must be first-step mental sharpness, seeks out knowledge and new experiences, full of original ideas, makes sense of ambiguous situations and can hold a contrarian or dissenting point of view.
- You must be ambitious, in the best sense of the word, driven to improve self, willing to take risks. Self-aware and persists and bounces back from adversity. Personally humble and kind, inclusive respects difference, concerned for and helpful to others and Low ego.
- You must be fluent in English — listening, reading, speaking, and writing — to study at Stanford. The minimum TOEFL score for most graduate programs at Stanford is 100iBT or 600PBT. All Stanford graduate degree programs accept the TOEFL, and the MBA Program also accepts the IELTS and PTE.